Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring Break...baby gone wild


So here I am in So Cal on Spring Break.  There is no other place I'd rather be then with my family.  The trouble is that my family is in three different places:  Washington, Utah, and California.  Rick's job is demanding, and because he works as a contractor, when he doesn't work, we get no moolah, so it is HARD for him to leave.  The kids and I are all tied to our school schedules...oh, come to think of it, we are all tied to some kind of obligation and opportunity cost.  Earlier in our marriage, Rick and I struggled to do things because we had economic limitations; now it is all about time, time, time.  Never enough of the stuff, too much of it passes too quickly, and the impossibility of time travel makes it so that we constantly have to choose between many options.  Sigh......
Baby Fallon in person is a joy, Natalie and Will are diligent parents, and Pasadena is sweet and sunny.  Week went too quickly.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Diligent? That's all I get? How about we're the best freakin parents ever! You can move in if you clean my toilet daily and pay for gas. I do love you though.

Linne Haywood said...

diligent is all you get....and no more cleaning your toilets. Fallon, however, is exquisite. Good job making her.