Saturday, February 23, 2008

To reveal or not to reveal...


One of the more difficult things for me to decide when writing my blog is how much of my personal life I should talk about here in my open diary.  I have explored some blogs that are so personal they take me aback.  How are people so willing to share with strangers?  Aren't they nervous that they might say something untoward or outrageous?  What if, by revealing true feelings and episodes, they piss off a friend or relative? Some blogs take off pictures and resort to initials as a mark of anonymity; others use pseudonyms while still others just don't care.
I certainly edit myself.  This is not a tell-all, it is just my musings although I try to be open and honest in my writing.  So, let me ask you - do you think the blog should be a place of  broad revelation or cautious discussion?  Should I air my dirty laundry or show you only my Sunday best?  In the age of Taxi-cab confessions and an abundance of reality television, how over-the-top do we need to be in order to get somebody's attention?  I opened this blog with a picture of me and my daughter, Caroline..... have I said too much?

3 comments:

JUDE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JUDE said...

It's the age ol' question... "To be or not to be"...
There is so little to my mundane life i could sum it up in two lines ...Sad and Boring.

Most of the Blogging I do ,doesn't get into any personal STUFF... only who's 1# , We got ripped off by the zebras... and superstitions ...
I have to say that , Being Judgmental bothers me about humans...we seems to size others up by they way they look or talk and more importantly Dress...

what they say ..well goodness , who cares what they say .. or how they feel ... they aren't wearing Jimmy Choo shoes, driving a new hybrid ,don't have a IPOD.. sorry Linne sore subject...
Get to Know Me!!! ssss What ever...
ahhh ... time's up ... and i don't have a dime....

Linne Haywood said...

Sad and boring? Never you, Jude! I think I would read your blog everyday if you put one out there. You are the writer......and you reveal yourself when you talk about the zebras and superstitions and who's #1.
Go Jude!